Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Interactive Technology

Using what students use to social can be a great tool to capture the attention of said students.

David,

Yes, by integrating technology effectively into the curriculum, you are speaking the Millennial’s language and communicating with these students via a medium they are comfortable and familiar with, making the curriculum more approachable while giving them an edge in the workforce during a time when technical prowess is expected, not suggested.

Wishing you continued success in the classroom.

Theresa Schmitt

I agree, I think communicatig with the students in a media that is familiar to them would be a great teaching tool.

Using social networking to keep students up to speed and discuss different topics sounds great from an educational standpoint but at what point does it stop. I do not use facebook, twitter or any of those other outlets and would not want to communicate with students on them.

I do agree with you to a point there needs to be a cut off so that you have real person to person contact.

I agree with you and your case was very well stated. Effective communication between students and teachers adds to the learning process. I also believe that a conscience effort has to be maintained to keep the relationship a teacher, student relationship. I also feel that becoming to familiar with students through social media can have a negative effect on the learning process.

Yes, while using technology to reach our technology savvy students is a great asset, we must remember and encourage the use of good old fashioned person to person communication. I am finding that many of my younger tech savvy students tend to try to incorporate texting lingo, for instance in their everyday writing and conversation and in my profession, where contact with customers and gathering of accurate information is so critical, resorting to text lingo is not acceptable.

Using the technology that is available allows students to pursue many ideas and opportunities

while in the school these social outlets are indeed helpful in the learning process. However I had an appointment with a physician the other day, and was very sad to see the MD had no personal skills, she looked at the computer all the time, and never got to know me as a person. I was not impressed with her social skills at all. And this is not what I want to teach the students. Personal interaction seems to be a thing of the past and I am afraid of the care I will receive.

Sign In to comment