Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Since I teach IT I would need a 3D simulator that can display 3D parts of computer components. Not just computer components but any other computing/networking equipment would be great. Especially the ones that are expense and can not be easily purchase.

It will be the closes to getting hands on. Now one may think we can see 2D pictures but one most of time do not get all sides to it and all the components that make up the equipment.

TestOut is a Testing simulator and does make a good 2D view on working with equipment. There are at some 3D view of parts but not always. We can see the front and back of the equipment.

Neidra,

Thank you for sharing! Google is just an amazing resource- I rely on it heavily for both work and personal use.

Best,

Theresa Schmitt

We are studying growth and development of Health Informatics at MMTC. 3D environments will allow the students to visualize human anatomy as we study hearing functions, the respiratory system, and view 3D drawings such as the eye, heart, lungs, brain, etc.

I utilize you tube videos in the dental assisting classroom. I would like to know if I can use second life to show dentistry in the Civil War
vs modern day. Dental tools from caveman on, i.e.,a pick vs the computer mouse.

For sugical extractions and periodontal surgery

I teach head and neck anatomy and tooth morphology for a dental hygiene program. This would be tremendously useful especially to demonstrate origins and insertions of muscles of mastication and distinguishing morphological characteristics of teeth!

we teach anatomy and physiology in medical assisting and using a program that shows the 3D of the human body and the difffernt layers is so interesting to the students

Sign In to comment