Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Technology

Boy, I must be way behind the curve, I use power point and my knowledge of the subject to engage the student. It requires a lot of energy but I love what I do. Things like Google Apps and wikispace are things I am going to have to learn more about...very interesting!

If we keep using the snore and bore technique which is how most of were probably taught we will lose this generation of students to boredom. There is a movie that kind of deals with this subject it was called Mr. Holland's Opus. It shows how we need to adapt to each generation to be able to relate to them

Bob,

What a fantastic film! I have watched Mr. Holland's Opus several times, and find it to be quite motivational. How this character turns to teaching as a means of supplementing his income while he aspires to compose great works, then discovers his true calling is teaching children and passing on his love for music, is a timeless tale. Highly recommended for others who share their passion for a particular field of study through teaching.

Wishing you continued success in the classroom.

Theresa Schmitt

Incorporating technology into the classroom has been a challenge but using MyMathlab has really helped. Students now can do all of their assignments electronically. Not only does using technology improve student retention, it streamlines the assessment process for me.

Sign In to comment