Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Which Presentation method is better: PowerPoint or Prezis

Comparing and Contrasting PowerPoint and Prezis, which one is considered to be better?

I like the simplicity of powerpoint (visually) but for a lot of my students they just get excited with prezi because it is something new and different and easy to access from anywhere.

I have been using PowerPoint for a long time and is an excellent tool. The students seem to have a great affinity with Prezis because young people prefer easier accessibility. Don't have much experience as far as the value of it, so far.

I do like powerpoint but I like the cloud based storage incorporated in prezis; it allows me to give interactive examples...

I have more experience using Powerpoint and feel that it is a great tool for presentations. I recently sat on a presentation where someone used Prezi and I have to admit that it was very interactive and engaging. I was able to follow their points and it was kind of exciting. I woud like to try out this program and utilize it with my students.

I like Prezis over the traditional powerpoint. Prezis is more up to date and it tends to keep the students attention with all of the different looks that you can incorporate. It's very user friendly too.

I'm so used to using PowerPoint and have a whole library of presentations that it would be hard to make a change. But if it's a more effective teaching/learning tool, then it is worth a try, at the very least.

Luis,

You can give it a try and see if you like it! Prezi allows users to import a PowerPoint and it assists you with the conversion, so there is no need to copy and paste the information from each slide.
https://prezi.com/support/manual/ppt-import-tutorial/

Theresa Schmitt

I believe that both have their place, and are useful. As an instructor, I am very used to using PPT for my lectures; however, after seeing some of my students' presentations using Prezi, and knowing that Prezi assists you with converting PPTs, I think I am going to check it out. I currently email the PPT to the students prior to lecture; however, I like the idea of just sending a link.

That being said, not all of my students bring their laptops to class. Could students still print out the Prezi and bring it to class?

I agree that both have their place. I have had the same experience that you describe. I watched a few Prezi presentations and I really liked them. They are interactive and visually appealing. Mostly, I like the idea of being able to link over to the presentation. I am going to try it out as well.

We just introduced Prezi to the class as an option for PowerPoint. Some students utilized this site and I must say, the presentations were excellent. For management class, students had to describe a "Famous Manager" and the mountain climb template was awesome.

I am more familiar with power point and it's bells and whistles, but Prezi can be more interactive with students.

Sign In to comment