Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Incorporating Modern Technologies in Teaching Methods

Wow! I was unaware of all the technological resources available to increase student interest and participation in a course curriculum. I will see which of these resources might improve my students' experience and discuss implementing them with my supervisor.

Donald,

I am happy to hear you found the content useful! Please share the ways in which you utilize these tools in your classes moving forward.

Wishing you continued success in the classroom.

Theresa Schmitt

I must agree with Donald...Wow! I knew of a few things but did not realize how much more was out there... I am really looking forward in utilizing some of these other ones with my classes.

I book marked all of them to view at my leisure. Fantastic information! I will be sharing some of these ideas with my students in my graphic design classes. The interactive components are great! I can't wait to try some of them.

Laura,

I am happy to hear your find the resources useful. Please come back and share your experiences with the group.

Yours in learning,

Theresa Schmitt

You're right. There are so many options available for teachers. I wish I knew more about them.

I am overwhelmed with all the resources. Going from a simple outline power point lecture, where do you suggest I begin?--adding video clip here and there for starters?
Overwhelmed with all the options!!!

darla,

Definitely start with video, there is little to no learning curve. I would then incorporate a class discussion board/forum, which may already be built in to your school portal used for attendance posting.

Yours in learning,

Theresa Schmitt

I SEE THE EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS AS A WHOLE HEADING TO AN ALL TECHNOLOGICAL BASED SYSTEM.CURRENT APPROACHES ARE VASTLY BECOMMING COST PROHIBATIVE...PAUL T. ROUGEMONT

personal technology scares me, but my son is constantly trying to get me to try new stuff. I don't think this would be the case in the class room. Students are wanting something different, something fresh, something edgy. It would be great to go foreword with this new technology. And wow so many avenues to go in. Bring it on!

Emily,

I am happy this course has inspired you!

Theresa Schmitt

I agree. There are so many more technologies than I thought about to use in the classroom. It is overwhelming, but I will look into using more of them than what I have right now.

Sign In to comment