Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Digital Immirgrant

Being a Digital immirgrant I'm trying to include modern ways to help the younger students, but find a lot of the older ones do not really wanting to jump on board. I have tried several ways to make it interesting for all generations to learn modern technologies, but find this the most difficult task so far.

This has been a problem for me as well.The age variations impacts adapting to new skills and concepts greatly.What works well for one group completely disengages the other at times so I find myself presenting material several ways in a redundent manner and eventualy reaching most of them that actually want to master the skill.

As a "d.i." I use current nursing journal articles for students to choose from and report on. They lead discussion after presenting. They are encouraged to have looked at other material related to their topic.

Angela,
this is a good strategy as it helps keep up to date & also helps the students see what has remained the same.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I have all ages in my classrooms and even if the older generations are not interested or excited about using technology, they will have to use it when they are in the workforce. Virtually any type of business uses technology and they need to prepare for that as well.

Sign In to comment