Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Gen Y

It is hard for me to let students multi task during class as it did not fit my history and formate of education. What I have learned it is almost always better for the newst generation to do multi task assignments. I find more work is done, less time spent being bored, and better cooperation from the class as a whole. Surprised me very much.

Multi tasking is a vital skill to have. It should be done more often.

I agree. This generation is the instant everything. If they aren't doing 5 things at the same time they are not happy. The hard part for me is I don't work that way, I can but don't really care for it so to try to include that in a lecture I find I resist it.

Multi tasking is how we think in this crazy fast paced world and Gen Y students this is how they grew up and were taught to think. I like giving giving projects that specialize in multi tasking work. However the students need to learn to focus on the task at hand rather than just sating on any thought that enters their active brain. With that said, learning is better with these types of assignments.

In this day and age multitasking is a strong skill.

We have build in optional automated course components to appeal to the Y Generation. We have found that the earlier generations have only had the patience to work with the bug that inevitably occur.

I noticed that Gen Y students enjoy projects or assignments that involve multi tasking. I have chosen this module because I want to incorporate this in my teaching style and class room activities.

Sign In to comment