Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I appreciated the thought of considering success as a process of ability to adapt; I can teach students this specific concept as well. 

Writing skills should be taught if a student is a technical student.  Students must know how to learn, know how to research, be problem-solvers, know how to self-assess, and know one's weaknesses.

Students need to be encouraged to delve deeper into subjects that catch their interest.  But since there are frequent new innovations, also to continue to learn in their specialty area. Encourage professional affiliations to help spur that life long learner interest.

Lifelong learning for science based professions is a must. Science and technology are forever advancing and we must stay up to date.

To teach students that engagement with challenges is a good thing

Yes. I do agree on teamwork and be creative on solving problems.

Lifelong learning is such an important aspect in the nursing field. At any point in my practice and when teaching my students, I emphasize the importance that everything is always changing in the field and it's great to stay up to date with the ever-changing research. Nurses must be adaptive and remain vigilant to these changes and it is such an honor to be a life long learner.

Comment on Chris Enriquez's post: Absolutely, in order to continue to stay at the top of any medical field you MUST be aware of progress, new findings, research, etc.

Comment on Regina Bagallon's post: Creativity is important as it opens up different avenues of thought and perspective that our own ego isn't aware or considerate about. Thank you for your input! 

Comment on Chris Enriquez's post: You are absolutely correct. The medical field is like a revolving door, you never know what to expect, yet you must equip yourself. Change is good, and we must be able to change with it.

I would disagree that the "distinction" between online learning and brick-and-mortar learning is disappearing. Some might wish that there is no distinction, but learning in person is far different than learning online. This is why, I will continue to attempt to provide lessons as close to replicating in-person learning as possible. 

Be adaptable, and increase your skill sets. Lifelong learning is a lifelong discipline. If you don't adapt, you don't grow. Success and long-term stability are the names of the game. I need to remember this not only for my students, but also for myself. I need to talk to my students and encourage them to do think professionally.

While the chasm between learning online and in-person is closing, there are still benefits to students having access to feedback in real time from their instructor.  

I appreciate that this course defines success as the ability to be flexible and cope with changes in life and in our career. Teaching the skill of being flexible and having grit often feels easier said than done. I would love more application and practical help. Hopefully, that is coming... 

Supporting personal growth and development for my students is crucial for building confidence. Emphasizing lifelong learning, integrate skill development, and provide feedback with support, encourage reflection, and modeling lifelong learning. These strategies will drive students to become self-directed learners.  

Sign In to comment