Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Soft Skills are So Important

This discussion on soft sills was such an eye opener for me.  I feel that I am strong in my soft skills but found areas that can use improvement.  I did not realize how strongly soft skills relate to people skills and success in the classroom.  I will strive to improve negativiity in the classroom with a positve outcome!

I agree.  Soft skills are more important than we often realize.  I will be working in the classroom to encourage development of better soft skills in myself and for my students.

I agree, soft skills are very important.  I tell my students that they are learning new technical skills and have the same educational background.  However, if they go on an interview.....for the same job, what is the employer looking for?  The employer is looking for a good fit for his/her company.  The employer is looking for soft skills, someone with a good attitude, professional, etc.

Educating students on the importance of soft skills has been very challenging.  Some of the difficulty comes from lack of awareness on how their interpersonal and professional skills are assessed by a potential employer.  This course has given great information on how to improve these skills with my students and I plan to strategize to aid my students in becoming a better employees, communicators, and problem solvers.

Reply to Lisa McGreer-Stap;es's post:  I agree, soft skills are hard to teach.  I have so many young adult learners who have such a sence of intiltement.  It is hard for them to think of others and their feelings. Such skill are so important in the workplace and in life in general.

I agree with you we all have room for improve in regards to soft skills.

Sign In to comment