Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learners with Desire

Todays learners must have a desire to push themselves to engage in further training,computer skills,self-management,and ethics to become the BEST they can possibly be!

Scott,
This is such a good statement. I believe we might need to add self-motivated as well!

Shelly Crider

Scott and Shelly.

I am a culinary instructor and I see a lot students that have the desire but not the fire. It's our duty to "stoke the fire" to any student that truly displays a desire to learn and perform.

Robert,
I like that!!! We do have to stoke the fire to get students to want to reach their goal!

Shelly Crider

I agree adn see the same thing on my end. I teach multimedia courses for several schools and worry about the lack of desire many students have. Sometimes it is as if someone was forcing them to be there. I do what I can to encourage them and get them excited so school is enjoyable and enriching!

Austin,
Sometimes you can do a WIIFM note at the beginning of the week to help with this. Tell students why it is important to study the task at hand.

Shelly Crider

We have dealt with this same issue at my school and the ideal of motivation at its core. The initial desire is key. I definitely see differences in students who are interested in the material at hand. Regardless of topic.

James,
You are right. You can see the students who really want the material.

Shelly Crider

I can give you all the tools to be successful, but if your not motivated to use them they rust in the toolbox.

Lisa,
I like this statement! I would like to think that students in college are motivated, but there are a few who are here because they had nothing else to do!

Shelly Crider

Sign In to comment