Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Soft Skills

Soft Skills are very important in the workplace. It can effect the way students learn and how they get along with an instructor.

Silena I agree with you, if an instructor does not have soft skills when communicating with students they can come off as abrasive and make situations worse.

Silena you are so right! Soft skills is so important with co workers and with students. We have to lead by example!!

Soft skill is very important because if there is no soft skill students will not like you.

This is the thing that i have spent the most time working on the last 9 years as an instructor. Students sometimes don't know how to take me because of my approach to some things. My biggest asset is that they know I care about them. I have spent a lot of time working on my soft skills to give the students the best experience possible.

I agree with everyone. Soft skills are extremely important. That being said, it is something I struggle with.  I am the type to do everything by the book and earn high grades. My technical skills are very developed; however, I have struggled to develop my soft skills. They have gotten better over time, but it is still a struggle some days.  After some years teaching, I have learned the value and spend more time focusing on them and less on overreliance on technical skills.

I agree that soft skills are important in the classroom.  Instructors are oftentimes emotional support for thier students and need to express empathy when necessary.  This requires one to be in touch with their own emotions.

Soft skills are very important,with out having soft skills, it is impossible to deal with a big class that students are coming from different backround.

Sign In to comment