Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

IQ and EQ

Hard intelligence and IQ is known by everyone. Same with me. I never thought of soft intelligence so important. But after going through this topic I realize that soft intelligence is very important in the daily life. The way we interact with students and other collegues is mainly based on soft intelligence. and success in the jobs and putting impact on students life is not depends on IQ only, mostly on EQ.So to be succesful in this respect we should be more focused on EQ then IQ.

shah,
I am glad you have a new appreciation for the soft skills.
Philip Campbell

I realized fairly early in life EQ was important. I started my working career as a jewelry salesperson. I found if you could connect with a customer on a personal level, you could make a sale. My second profession as a school bus driver and third profession as a healthcare worker cemented the importance of soft skills. Both of them required a high IQ and EQ. In my current job, as an instructor, I have found EQ to be more important than IQ. Students like you, if they can relate to you. That motives them to learn more.

I am a instructor in a business school and the group of student I get to teach need much more EQ application than IQ application.During the lecture I have to make sure that I am in control of the class on subject material and if not I use EQ to motivate the student to learn and and enjoy the subject.

Sign In to comment