Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Soft Skills

The biggest thing I've found that has helped improve my soft skills is recognizing when I'm getting close to "overload" from whatever is going on and giving myself a break. Even if you can normally maintain a positive attitude and manage your stress, we all have bad days, and sometimes the best thing you can do is give yourself 10 or 15 minutes to decompress and recover before jumping right back into the fray.

This is great advice, I do find that if I don't get a few minutes to cool down after something happens. I will hold it in and it will effect the rest of my day.

Frank,
Decompressing is good advice and one that we should consider.
Philip Campbell

I was diagnosed with a stress related condition called "costochondritis" because I thought I was managing my stress, but I was internalizing everything which is clearly not a substitute as decompressing! Now my body lets me know when I'm not managing because I have a weird pounding/aching in my heart area and continues upward to my throat. MESSAGE: stress brings on sickness and disease.

I agree, a stressful situation can make you feel sick the rest of the day. It can sometimes effect you until the situation is resolved.

kodee,
Working together and using our soft skills helps to resolve these.
Philip Campbell

I knew i had to work on my soft skills when it was brought to my attention about how my facial expression gave me away without saying anything.

Lovett,
Facial expressions are one of those things that can still get people into trouble. Unless you play poker, everyone still has to watch their body language.
Philip Campbell

Sign In to comment