Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Work place behavior/

Soft skills are so important for teaching as well as working effectively with others.

Work place behavior is often overlooked but is plays a very important part in close cubicals.
Listening to others in close quarters and becoming unwitting(sometimes)involved in helping to solve problems when not asked to help.
But also with the team side of the behavior it is very helpful to assist when asked with difficult events.
This is very important in exhibiting self-discipline when to help or when to be silent.

Without a doubt, the biggest challenge I have concerning workplace behavior is when my colleagues do not do their job, are sloppy, unmotivated, or lack integrity.

I guess I'm a bit of an injustice freak, but I like to see the work evenly distributed and know that I can count on my co-workers to hold up their end of the job. This includes holding students accountable to the policies and procedures of the school.

When they fail to be in integrity in this way, it makes those of us who are following the rules look like mean-spirited grouches.

Hudson

Team work is the key. If I am doing my job and someone falls behind I am there to help. I don't look around me to see what someone else is doing or not doing. However policies and procedures should be upheld.

I sit next to several people at work in a closed-in cubicle area. Several of them are negative on a consistent basis. It's a great asset to be able to help those individuals. However, I will put a different spin on this: I have given advice and helped these people on many occasions. Several of them still continue to make the same mistakes. It can be very frustrating to listen to them complain all the time. So sometimes I just have to walk away and take a deep breath, before I say something that I know I will regret. Managing emotions is a powerful thing.

I totally agree! It is so important to do your own job, but I also feel that it's appropriate to help another staff member when they fall short as long as it's not a trend.

I agree that team work is so important. It is an important part of my classroom instruction. The students need to work together to complete a task our a procedure. By working with other instruntors as a team in the one classs, sets an example for the students.

Also anotheer point is adapting to change. Not a day goes by that changes are made, either in the schedule of the day, type of procedure or the assignment to be taught. Don't becomed stressed and always have a plan "B", which usually works out better than what might have been orginally planned.

Each day we must go through each of the WORKPLACE BEHAVIORS in the classroom. I can see now how each one affects our classes.

Sign In to comment