Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Soft skills

Soft skills as we know is a very important skills to have in the workplace as well as other areas in life. How can you effectively attempt to relay this to students and colleagues who aren't really interested in this skill in there profession without being redundant?

Marviet,
Good point? How do we do this? Anyone have activities they do in class that could help with this question? Maybe the first thing we identify is more specifically what a soft skill is, and then work to sharpen those.
Philip Campbell

As an instructor, this training session broaden areas I took forgranted with my students. I always assume people except criticism and have the ability to use common sense when interacting or communicating at any level. Sometimes I see the students reacting when I question something that they were doing and not using common sense. My immediate thought is usually of a criticism by my response is to start at their level and mentor them to where they need be by delivering quality infomation reassuring their understanding.

Soft skills are important as it was very well stated in this course.It is vital in work place with the students, faculty and in daily life interaction. This course enlightned the way you communicate to the students through writing and verbal can have an impact on the soft skills. Showing a caring attitude,state your expectations and have a facilitater/mentor attitude can enhance your soft skills. This course also made me see the students attitude to wards the faculity during the approach of teaching/learning; the way the words and tone of voices are stated can impede the teaching/learning strategies if the soft skills are not implemented.

Sign In to comment