Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Managing a class

I have found as an Instructor that the most important thing to concentrate on is organization. Sometimes it takes me longer to organize than to actually go through the motions of the class, but it flows better, with good planning. Also as I complete a course I like to make notes on the class to see what was successful and what helped the students learn as opposed to what did not work. It really is an evolving lesson plan that I add to and take away from in order to get the best results.

In the beginning when I started to teach I was very unsure of myself, even though I had over 25 years of experience in my professional field. Now as time goes by I feel more confident in helping my students get the most information and skills from my experience, in order to help them achieve success in their chosen career fields.

Ricardo Murillo

I completely agree with this statement and have always likened it to a coach preparing for a game. You spend hours and hours during the week preparing for your opponent and then the game passes in the blink of an eye. At the end you can look at your orginizational plan and determine if you executed well or fell short. 

Ty Landers

I agree also, that the most important thing to concentrate on is organization, and projecting that to your students.

After five and a half years of teaching, I have done as most of us will, found what works and honed it to the point that most classes are a great experience not only for me, but for my students. If the student feels you lack in organizational skills, even though you may have a great deal of practical/hands-on experience, they may lose some of their confidence in your ability’s.

I set clear expectations early in the course, enforce the rules fairly and equally, and find most students respect and enjoy their time in a well managed class.

Herbert Parks  

i find that structure is the most important thing when teaching students. Students need to know what is going to happen that day so they

will remain focused on tasks.

Sign In to comment