Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Adult Classroom setting

Setting classroom norms at the very beginning of a class is one of the best methods of classroom management. Instructors can hang a flip chart or poster, or dedicate a section of white board if you have the space, and list expected classroom behaviors.

Oscar, great examples. Instructors can also have written agreements signed by each student and have them stored in a file cabinet. When students stray from the classroom standards these agreements are great tools to bring the student back into alignment. What are the specific tools you use to remind students of the classroom rules they agreed to at the beginning of the course?

James Jackson

I developed a Powerpoint presentation that plays at the beginning of the class, starting shortly before class begins. The presentation not only includes school events, homework assignments and due dates, but also reminders of the smoking policy, dress code, etc. I have found that running the presentation draws the focus of the students and sets the stage for class, with the added benefit of reinforcing my expectations of classroom behavior.

Sign In to comment