Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Gate Keeper

I have a small faculty about ten instructors that teach hands on culinary classes and I have issues with some on the instructors trying to hold kids with no experience up to their standards. The problem is the same things that they demand of trheir students I would like to see more of in them. They complain more than they have solutions and many of them are quick to jump to judgment when a student needs additional help. any Suggestions?

Richard, faculty development requires time and a commitment to excellence. Do you have your instructors shadow each other's performance in their classrooms? How often are you able to sit in on their classes? Peer feedback can be a very positive tool if used appropriately. Ensure your faculty that your focus is to improve upon their teaching skills and the bottom line is to improve the overall experience for students. Do student evaluations have any weight on faculty performance evaluations? If not you may want to consider incorporating them into your overall evaluation process.

James Jackson

Sign In to comment