Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

All different age groops

Most of the time we have adult learners and young kids in class it is difficult to keep the attention of all any ideas?

MICHAEL, the situation you describe is actually very common. The key is to engage with both groups. Have the more successful students in your classroom talk about when they made that turn to being an adult. What does being an adult mean and what are some of the differences between adult and adolescent behavior. Do your students understand that age is not a factor in being an adult? You can just as easily have a 35 year old adolescent as you can have a 22 year old adult. Discuss these differences and such discussions with assist all of your students in taking on more adult behaviors. Please let me know if I can assist you in any way.

James Jackson

`I agree with Michael and James, trying to keep the emphasis on learning and interacting, sometimes it can be a problem specially with adults who act like children. Being an example has to be the way through leadership, along with personal, proffessional ecthics needs to be thread to the needle.

Sign In to comment