Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

COMMON MISTAKES

HELLO ALL,TO ERR IS HUMAN,LETS DONT KEEP MAKING THE SAME ONES TWICE.STAYING ORGANIZED IS THE KEY TO SMOOTHER CLASS PRESENTATION.

Hello Bruce,
You echoed my thoughts. Beautifully said! :-)
Patricia

Bruce,

I agree the key is preparation. Knowing what you will do each phase of the course, from lecture to demonstations, to testing and grading makes it possible to focus your enenrgy and efforts on instructing.

Hello Charles,
The key to successful instruction is preparation!
Patricia

I agree. We need to learn from our mistakes and it is also a great idea to let our students know that we are all learning new techniques every day. They should also be encouraged to share their thoughts on the classes we teach with us.
Debby Smith

Hi Debby,
I agree. I make it known to my students very often that we are learning new techniques frequently. You should have the rapport with your students to make them feel comfortable to share their thoughts, ideas, feelings, etc.
Patricia

Often when I make a mistake, especially with using technology in the classroom, I take it as an opportunity to show my students how being adaptable in your career is a great skill. They walk through plan A, B, and C with me, and we problem solve. Of course, you don't want this to happen often, but it can be a learning experience.

Preperation is definately key. But also remember to be flexible to students learning styles. What may have worked last quarter (lecture, demonstration, examinations) may have to be adjusted this quarter. I find that I am constantly evaluating what works and what doesn't for each class.

Hi Kristi,
If you cover in your lecture to include information for the three different types of learners, auditory, visual and kinesthetic. You will leave no stone unturn.

prepare, prepare, prepare. Tell them what you are going to teach them, teach them, tell them what you taught them.

Sign In to comment