Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Attitude

Students need to know what behaviors are acceptable and what won't be tolerated from the first day of class. It is important for instructors to be attentive and listen. Instructors are challenged by students negative attitude, but instructors who try to make connections between students and their interests can help to improve students' attitudes by showing them how the material they are learning is interesting and practical.

Again this is a shift in our culture. But i do try to make a connection with each of my students and let them know that I love what I do and I want them to be the best they can be. Also, I lay down my expectations of them and let them know that I spend a lot of time preparing for class so I expect them to spend a lot of time studying. For the most part ...it works

it seems that sometimes we have to sell a lesson so they may understand the importance of the material.

If I encounter a student with an unpositive attitude, my reaction is positive. I pull the student up to my positive vibration, and I find that they follow me.

Sign In to comment