Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

unfocused students

this will be an ongoing problem as long as we have schools what I see has to be done is put the pride to do well on the student if you make the student feel good about himself show a genuine interest in what he has and is acomplishing you would be surprised how focused these students will become

Hello Cecil,
I whole heartedly agree with your views. Simply put, you get from students what you expect of students. We must be the students biggest cheerleader.
Patricia

I agree we focus to much on making students complete tasks that many of them don't really feel they have learned only to be task oriented we need to show them the reward of learning the material is more than passing a test there has to be real life value.

Show respect, interest, compassion, make them feel human. Something is or has been missing in there life. I can change this person future.

Yes agree as well show them the rewards and also if they are having a hard time with a concept mybe teach it a different way some learners do better with hands on.

Hi Susan,
Each student at my institution is given a learning style test upon enrollment. We use this test if a student is having challenges academically so that we best know how to teach the student.
Patricia

Expectations are not always going to produce the results that you hope. Some students are given the support and motivation by teachers that care and would like the students to experience personal growth. Still, there are students that still don't care. It's like being a cheerleader in a cemetary, they are not going to move no matter how great the cheers are. Instructors must determine when their energy is being waisted and should redirected that energy towards those who can benefit. Just like on a battle field, not everyone can be saved no matter how much you care and try.

Sign In to comment