Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Importance of the course they took in thier lives..

Most of the students have non-serious behavior. They should be made to realize to value their money and time. We should sit with them and try to explain what benefits they can get out of this course and how they can meet the challenge.

Hi Irum,
I let my students know on Day 1 that they are paying too much money to not get their money's worth. I make it known to them I am going to give them their money's worth, but they have to do their due diligence to take advantage.

Patricia Scales

On day one, I have each student write on a piece of paper what grade it is they would like to achieve. I then tell them that I will show them how to achieve that grade. Being very upfront with my students, I tell them that they PAY for their EDUCATION, but they EARN their GRADE.

Hi Jodi,
I love what you tell your students. I help my students earn their grade if they take advantage of my expertise and do their part as well.

Patricia Scales

Hi Patricia I let my students know that if they choose to get their moneys worth thru due diligence that they will be a lot more marketable in todays workplace

Hi Glen,
Students need to know that hard work really pays off. I like to tell my students that nothing but good comes from hard work.

Patricia Scales

I encourage the students to realize that every class session will build on the next so that their participation and attendance is so vital.

Diana Prine

Hi Diana,
At my institution to encourage good attendance/participation, students get 5% toward their attendance and 5% toward their participation in calculating their overall grade.

Patricia Scales

Sign In to comment