Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Success Rates for Students

Why do some students fail classes 2-3 times in the same class? What are some ways to improve their passing rate the first time?

Hi Amy,
Offer them tutoring off the bat and make yourself available to help the student before and/or after class. Encourage students to review notes for about 10 minutes daily.
Patricia

This is a good question. In my experience the number one reason has been time management. I have had students fail my class because of just not having enough time to complete the work, and who have repeated my class because of family emergencies that happened to interrupt things the firt time around. For these students it is SO important that they talk with student services to find out what services are available to them (such as child care, ride sharing, and ect)

Oh I also forgot to mention that it is important for them to seek counselling/advice from such services because, I think, many such students could really benefit from going to school half or part time rather than biting off more than they can chew.

Sign In to comment