Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stress Management

How is being transparent with your stress effective?

I think there is certainly a difference between "being transparent" and just complaining.

I am a person who internalizes my stress. I don't want to be a burden to anyone and I don't want to be seen as someone who is ungreatful for the things I have. This means I don't let people know about my stress or what's going on in my head... and it's not healthy.

Being transparent about your stress could be effective as long as you keep it appropriate. Telling people that you can't add on another task because you're "literally drowning in paperwork" and you know that "no one around here does as much work" as you. Politely telling someone that you have too much on your plate to be able to add on another responsibility seems like a great option.

I would agree about the difference in being transparent and complaining. The only thing that complaining does is stress out others and fuel the stress within.

Kurt, True, however there is a fine line between transparency and complaints, and people often have a hard time figuring out the difference.

Dr. Melissa Read

Absolutely! The stress that my loved ones have has caused me a lot of stress.

Sign In to comment