Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Gardening

One of the very few things that brings relief to my unwanted stress is tending to my garden on a daily basis. Ten minutes of tending or a half hour of watering gives me time to unplug and relax, give it a shot. The harvest provides additional activities and enjoyment as well.

Nathan, I can only imagine how much joy you get out of this activity. Gardening turns out to be great physical activity and what we grow is such an enjoyable outcome.

Dr. Melissa Read

I couldn't agree more. I have maintained a garden throughout my work life. I have found nothing more relaxing and a way of relieving stess.

John, Gardening is such a wonderful outlet. It's great for getting fresh air, enjoying the smell of fresh flowers and also for some, growing food too!

Dr. Melissa Read

Absolutely! I spend every free moment I can in my yard. During the spring we planted blueberries and peppers. My children and I even took on the enormous task of building an herb garden for my wife for Mother's Day. Not to mention we decided to plant pumpkins this year. My little boy is in charge, but we planted it together. Seeing it grow is such a joy that helps the stress disappear.

Robert Inman
Adjunct Instructor

This sounds like a great idea. Pets are another great way to relieve stress.

Sign In to comment