Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Exercise Stress

I enjoy exercising to reduce stress, but find that sometimes SCHEDULING exercise creates stress because I feel I have so much to do. I usually feel better afterwards, but sometimes I avoid exercising because of pre-exercise stress. Any suggestions?

Christi, Interesting dilemma. You may need to be a little more spontaneous about your exercise routine. Exercise can happen almost anywhere if you are willing to be flexible about what you do. Some instructors go for a walk around lunchtime for example - when the weather is nice. All it takes is bringing a pair of good walking shoes.

Dr. Melissa Read

Try to focus on the outcome and how well your will feel as a result of excercising.I think that eventually it will be something that you look forward to fitting into your schedule.

yoga and pilates seem to help me.

I find that if you put exercise onto your todo list and handle it in the same manner you would if it were part of you daily work related chores,example I must get to work on time, must pay bills , must prepair a lesson for tonites class, must take time for exercise, and think of something other than work for 15 to 30 minutes this can and will help almost anyone.

John, So true. Sometimes things just don't get done unless I put them on the list. Exercise is certainly one of those things. When we include everything on our lists, we get the fullest picture of what needs to be accomplished and can cross things off as we accomplish them.

Dr. Melissa Read

I often do the same thing-not scheduling exercise
because I have too much to do. Too many times I
just sit in my recliner and watch a TV show before tackling my paper correcting. When I use
simple stretching at various times (for example
at the computer), I don't feel so guilty and often feel a lot better physically,

I run at least three times a week to reduce stress. I find it very helpfull.

We have a very tight schedule in my school but I have discovered that I can reduce my stress by stretching out and having a 5-10 min exercise session by myself in the locker room between my two classes instead of socializing around.

i ENJOY EXERCING EVERY DAY TO COPE WITH MY STRESS AND GET HEALTHY

I am learning that I am in control of my schedule and I can still do the things I need to do, I just have to make time for it, just like I make time for everything else. I do need to exercise more for managing stress levels.

Sign In to comment