Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Coping With Stress

I rely on my spiritual faith to help me to deal with stressors. I have also found that talking about situations that have caused me stress helps me to cope. The key is not keep bringing up negative situations and at some point let them go from your mind.

Yes, the key is ultimately letting go Deborah. This is often easier said than done. Sometimes the only way to get negative thoughts out of our minds is to significantly change our routines and immerse ourselves in something new.

Spiritual faith is constant. Most of the time you get thru with out thinking about it because you know what is right from your faith. And off campus, exersize. Eather vigirous or for a length of time. Mine is charity bicycle rides of 40 to 100 miles.

Yes I agree with you about spritual faith. It is the way to live your life. My faith is aways the song that lifts my spirits and fills my cup to overflowing. I have also recently joined a workout class at the gym called zumba and I love it!

My grandmother is a meditation teacher and I would always hate (as a teenager) how she would make me sit on the floor, close my eyes and just breath whenever I was stressed out. It seemed really weird and embarrassing at that time. But I find myself sitting at my desk when I'm stressed out and I just close my eyes, relax my body and just breath. It helps regain direction in what I'm doing.

Learning how to manage stress is so important and spirituality and mediation are so beneficial in reducing stress.

As I am not a spiritual person, I find that watching TV or playing guitar are my biggest stress relievers. Making music (or attempting to) brings me to a more "Zen-like state."

Sign In to comment