Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Positive Benifits of excercise

Yes I too have tried excercise to rid of stress and let me tell you...it works.I dont know the science behind it but I do interact with everyone much more in a positive outlook and when things go wrong..I can deal with it easily and find solutions much faster.

I have found that it can some times be difficult to begin excercising with a heavy work load. If one can simply push themselves to begin it is amazing how much better they will feel...instantly. I find that it always improves my ability to handle situstions better due to my added energy.

I agree Andrea and I have had similar experiences.

I exercise five times a week. I try to exercise every day I teach . his has helped me tremendously! Escpicially after sitting in a chair for five hours/

Sitting for a chair for five hours can indeed be draining. It's not as relaxing as one might think. Getting out there and moving around a little is a great way to balance things out!

Yes, I also exercise,even if only every-other day or between classes, which reinvigorates you for the next class.

Exercise is really great when you can find time for it in between classes. I'd be interested in learning more about what you do specifically during that time. Walking is one kind of exercise that many instructors do on campus for breaks, but I'm curious about other approaches.

As I stated in my e-mail response, I generally use my neighborhood fitness center between day and evening classes, as well as evenings & weekends when I am not teaching.

That's great David! Neighborhood fitness centers often offer a diverse range of equipment to meet many kinds of fitness needs.

Yes, just getting up every half an hour to stretch out is so important!

Stretching in the morning is another great way to get the day started.

I am convinced that if everyone would take 10 minutes out every morning and stretch, there would be less injuries and happier people in this world!

Sign In to comment