Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Excercise

i know its has helped me in the past to excercise after work or during lunch to eliminate my stress and to calm myself down so i am more productive.

Thats great!! I too have discovered these benefits as well..i am also using my time management things "to-do"list as well which has been a big change for me overall..best of luck!!

Great point William. Exercising during lunch can be a great way to reduce stress mid day and go into your afternoon lectures with a better outlook.

Exercise should be part of daily life.

It's no wonder people are obese because they don't exercise.

There is much to gain from it and eating healthy- it's a marriage made in happiness!

I notice the change in my effectiveness if I go too long a period of time without exercise.

People are not obese only because they lack the proper amount of exercise. Stress has led to 50% divorce rate in this country. This causes even more strain in the lives of people who need to balance working more to support the household, possibly pay alimony, parent, and try and find time for exercise. This is one of the main reasons that fast food franchises are thriving. The lack of time has resulted in poor eating habits due to prioritizing responsibilities for another above one's self. This is more of a cultural issue that cannot be resolved by just the FDA, who made a move to ban supersized meals. Changes to the individual lifestyle are being affected more in the last few decades by the fact that we are being squeezed into working more and getting less time for personal activity. The difference in the last 50 years says it all. What percentage of American households needed 2 incomes to support the family lifestyle in the 1960's? What percentage of American households can survive on 1 income in today's setting?

Interesting perspective Thomas. Thanks for taking a step back and providing this great commentary. All good points.

I like this idea for sure. What a great way to consolidate time! I need to get into the habit of doing this during lunch, too.

Sign In to comment