Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stress :)

Since I have become an instructor I find that stress levels are sometimes high. It really doesnt matter what you are doing if its something you are not use to it gets stressful. Also working in an environment that has coworkers that have conflicts also adds to the stress. I used to go home and carry the stress with me, made my wife and I miserable. I have learned to deal with the stress by confronting it and trying to have a good time.

Donald, I like the notion of approaching stress head on. It's easy to let things linger and be passive about stress. A direct approach can sometimes minimize stress long term.

Dr. Melissa Read

I learned that a way to lower my stress is to not take it home with me, also that tomorrow is another day and to not take on more than I can handle

Since I am an online instructor it was very difficult at first to separate work from personal time because I was just a click away. I would find myself working all day and night which would cut into my family time. I quickly learned that I needed to distinguish specific time for the two or else my family would not be very happy with me!

Christina, Yes, I completely understand where you are coming from. It's tough to set good boundaries as an online instructor. Some instructors find success in working only in a specific room in the house, turning email alerts on their mobile device off. Others make a concerted effort to only work during certain hours of the day, setting family and employer expectations about when they will be available.

Dr. Melissa Read

Sign In to comment