Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What stress you out?

Work,home,traffic,customer service? Take five deep breaths, calm down and reapproach whatever situation is at hand.

Natalie, Yes, I like the way you mentioned re-approaching situations. Sometimes it's best to take a step back when dealing with difficult situations. When we give ourselves a break we often return refreshed and in a better position to help.

Dr. Melissa Read

I just get stressed out when I try to complete some task and I can't because of other issues

I am a perfectionist. I have very high expectations for my class and, of course, those expectations are not met. I try to accomplish my best with the students, but must be satisfied with something less than perfection.

Carl, At a guess, you get a lot accomplished relative to your peers, but you also experience much greater levels of stress than they do. That's normal for perfectionists. It's a blessing and a curse.

Dr. Melissa Read

I agree and really get stressed out when I am given a class I never taught before ask for the books for class and still don't have books after the quarter starts due to back orders is very frustrating

Tami, That sounds tough. It's nice to at least be able to take a look at the textbook prior to teaching the class. Some schools have libraries where they include popular texts for check out. You might check into that and learn more about the options at your school.

Dr. Melissa Read

I agree-in our industry we always have distractions and interruptions. Along with all the added paperwork...that stresses me out!

Sign In to comment