Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stress

As the module stated "stress is between our goals and capabilities." It is true as an instructor that we have many goals to accomplish. We all know trying to accomplish these goals tends to stress most of us to the max. Knowing that these goals needs to be accomplished, the signs of stress is dismissed. We try to deal with it. I would like to do a survey on how many instructors who have high blood pressure? Do most of us just treat this with medication; or do we realize that the stressors we encounter as an instructor causes us to have high blood pressure and try to eliminate some of the stressors at work.

It is not uncommon to have any job that does not deal direclty or indirectly with stress. It appears to be unavoidable. So one way of trying to be productive and "less stressed" is by dealing with the situation right then and there. Seeing if all aptions have been used to relieve and rid is my priorty. If it is something that I know I can handle later, put it on the back burner and keep moving forward until the time allows me to address the situation. Knowing I cannot fix what is broken at the moment allows me to concentrate on the issues at hand and gives me more time to think clearly.

I don't have high blood pressure, but my job as an instructor provides alot of stress.Trying to keep up with all of the different type of training, etc. puts alot of pressure on instructors.The way i deal with it is to keep it from piling up, by doing a little at a time.

Yes, that's a wonderful approach David. Chipping away at tasks just a little bit at a time can make a big difference in the end. Small things really add up.

Sign In to comment