Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stress tools that help the individual.

The Stress SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats)tool focused on helping you to understand your unique strengths and weaknesses in the way you manage stress. It also helps you to identify the resources you have available to you, and points out the consequences of managing stress poorly. It is a powerful technique for understanding your Strengths and Weaknesses, and for looking at the Opportunities and Threats you face. I see it as a way to organize your list of stress factors. This tool can be found on the internet.

Great point Vicki. And yes, there are several stress tool programs available on the internet -- often at no cost. Sometimes, it is easier to let a computerized tool evaluate your stress management style instead of doing the evaluation yourself. These tools often identify important aspects of stress management that we might not have considered.

vicky
Was the SWOT tool free? If so, what site did you find it on? Did using this tool help you eliminate stress or did it simply help you to find the stressful areas in your life?

I also would like to find this site. It sounds like something I could use. I tried "ask.com", but it didn't bring up your site.

I heard of this term and tool being applied in marketing, but when I think of it in terms of assessing stress it makes sense. Understanding which things are internally driven and self inflicted, and where outside forces are influencing stress levels.

I love the idea of utilizing the SWOT tool on ourselves to understand our own stress indicators better. Sometimes we don't even realize what the causes of our stress are but only know that we are stressed. How often do we really analyze how we deal with everyday situations?

Sign In to comment