Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

time managment

I am finding the ideas and websites very helpful

I have a bad habit of constantly checking my school email. I worry that I will be slow in responding to a student or colleague inquiry. The habit of checking it daily at a pre-determined sounds useful and beneficial.

Terry, I understand where you are coming from and there are a lot of instructors in the same boat. On one hand, students can have urgent matters that need to be addressed quickly. On the other, you shouldn't have to be checking your email every 5 minutes to discover them. Perhaps you could check email every few hours to strike the right balance.

Dr. Melissa Read

Checking email once a day is certainly a new concept for me. That is one of many suggestions in this course I am going to implement, as I struggle with the Immediacy obstacle more than some of the others. I know I do this as to not feel overwhelmed, because like most of us, there are usually time sensitive responses needed to be made with the wide range of responsibilities we face. In reality, checking email acts as a huge distraction when I am working with a class and choosing to check/respond at a predetermined and more focused time would be much more efficient.

Sign In to comment