Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Using Excel

I find using spreadsheets are most effective in the way I keep my grades organized.

Spreadsheets are indeed a great tool Libby. They allow us to both save student data in an organized way as well as run computations on the data to view things like class averages.

Yes, they do, and to keep my interest, I use all sorts of different colors for different content areas :)

Excel still intimidates me a bit. I don't use it in my onground courses (I use Word) but I have used it in a limited way. I can see the benefits of using Excel.

yes i use microsoft excel. with the columns it helps you become very organized and the spreadsheets are very easy to read.

Great point Sara. There are also a lot of helpful functions that XL offers. These functions can really help make the grading process quick and organized.

I used Excel in the nyc public school system and found it extremely helpful. However it would be more work than is waranted with the esl courses I teach now that require only S or U grades.

Good point Laurel. Just because a tool is designed to save you time doesn't mean that it will. You have to consider your unique situation and determine whether the tool will be relevant and helpful to it.

I do the same as far as color coding is concerned. I keep my roster and grades on and excell spread sheet and I have different colors that represent an absence, tardy, dicipline problem...who would have thought that we would be playing with colors as adults?

Sign In to comment