Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

"to Do Lists"

What is the best way to make sure that you are not putting too much on the to do list? What if the list is not completed? do the items go on top of tommorows list?

Well I beileve that they should be prioritized for the following day. If on regular basis the to do list is too long perhaps changes need to be made in the preparation stage of the to do list

Agreed. I think it’s important to take a look at our to do lists every day to determine the priorities. Because priorities can change so quickly, this method keeps us current and on top of what we really need to focus on.

Yes. List items that are not completed today do get transferred over to tomorrows’ list if they still need to be completed. Some people do have so many tasks that they are too much for one to do list. These people sometimes divide those tasks in terms of what they have to do today, this week, this month and even this year. It makes the tasks seem less daunting when they are organized by when they must be accomplished.

I try to plan my week in advance, listing the basics of each day. As I complete tasks they are marked off of the list. At the end of the day the items not completed do get shifted over the the next day's list, but not necessarily on the top as it depends on what the task is. I have made it a point not to overwhelm myself with the number of classes I teach and everyday items such as checking email do not get put on the list so the list is always relatively short.

This sounds like a great system Tasha. One thing though...Rolling tasks from day to day can sometimes feel daunting because it feels like your work is never done. Don't be afraid to build in some rewards into your schedule too - like breaks.

Yes, if I'm unable to complete a "to do" list I put the remaining items as top priority for the next day rather than "over work"

Sign In to comment