Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Essay exams and jeopardy style

Instead of having essay exams I do jeopardy with team participation. The students enjoy the competition. It forces them to organize their thoughts and present the appropriate question. Many of them have said they have been able to put together concepts and system functions much better.Each team of 5 students (6 topics)has a set area to come up with the answers and the other teams take turns answering the the question. I enjoy it because the students ask much harder questions.

What a great idea Vicky! I have also used Jeopardy with my students as a substitute for more traditional evaluation activities. The students find the game really exciting, especially when you add in a few sound effects (that can be easily downloaded from the internet). When learning and assessment are fun, course information often hard for students to forget.

I like the jeopardy style for exam reviews. This is an effective way to get all students involved, and make learning fun.

I've also used Jeopardy as a way to review for exams and simply course material. The students enjoy it and when a little added competition is involved it is great! It's great to see the student's learn and have fun all in one class session.

That does sound like a great idea. Does anybody know of a template or tool that could be used to develop a jeopardy style.

That does sound like a good idea. One of the reasons why I have not used jeopardy in class is because I think it is time consuming to come up with a ton of questions. Having the students come up with their own questions is a great idea. I would be interested in a tool like that because I use a Smartboard in some of my classrooms.

Indeed, and getting students to think up questions encourages them to think more about the course material. So it's really a win win.

I have done that and it wash fun for the adult learners. It was also good for study groups. I just don't like when all don't try. I love the idea of them making the questions.

Sign In to comment