Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Taking Control of Your Time

I am a firm believer that time management is the greatest stress reliever. While I am a procrastinator about many things, I will always meet or exceed the deadline regardless to whether it's work, school, family, or personal. I enjoy working out in the gym and doing other fun activities; therefore, I always complete all necessary task, in addition to always leaving time for myself. "Me Time" is a great, and the best stress reliever for me.

Aldgenette,
Curious - how do you exceed expectations and deadlines if you procrastinate? Does this mean "all-nighters?" Or. Is it situational.
I myself try to never procrastinate, however, I'm always stressed out making sure that any and all task are accomplished within a standard time. But even more importantly, if I did have a life and missed a deadline or two, I would be even more stressed. I'm not sure what the solution is other than ignoring one of my jobs or family.

Being Military I've learned to prepare ahead. School is different, not being prepared as an instructor, students see us as not knowing.

GILDA, Military people are often incredibly organized and do not let anything slip through the cracks. Military experience is tremendous training!

Dr. Melissa Read

I used to be great at time management. Family needs are unpredictable. Now, I struggle to make time for my needs.

I was asked to take over the administration of a dental health clinic in crisis with little time for preparation. Fortunately, I had done a similar job years ago. My experience of past time management got me started and the greatest hurdle was blending my family time. kerry

Pamela, I understand where you are coming from. As we become responsible for others, it can be a challenge taking care of our own needs and own tasks. This is particularly true with the unpredictability that you described.

Dr. Melissa Read

I completely understand where you are coming from. I use to be great at time management and I was great at staying on top of things, but family things and pregnancies are unpredictable and tend to cause anyone to struggle with things they normally had time to do. It's even more difficult when it is not understood by your employer that things happen.

Sign In to comment