Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Handling Immediacy Issues

Do you ever have problems putting things off till tomorrow?

If you do, how do you handle them and still ensure the quality of the work?

I do not have problems doing things well, but I drive myself crazy doing everything before the deadlines, and so on.

Sometimes I wish I could procrastinate.

:)

I do also like to beat deadlines, but sometimes it is necessary to put things off. at this point you then have to prioritize.

Indeed, at some point, everyone needs to stop working for the day and focus a little on life.

I have found that sometimes procrastination works in our favor. Sometimes by putting a task off the matter resolves itself without our involvement. I also find that if I think about a problem before diving right in I come up with a better solution rather than going with my first impulse. I guess thinking about a problem constitutes doing something. Perhaps rather than using the word, "procrastination" what we are really doing is contemplating possible solutions. However I do find that others create immediacy issues when there really aren't any. Sometimes dealing with another person's perception of what is an immediate problem is more difficult.

I find that I want to "put out all the fires as they start", but often fail to realize they aren't really fires. I want to complete my tasks as I get them so I don't get bogged down, only to notices I have forgotten to complete something that I was asked to do in passing or an email. I am also very guilty of completing the quick and easy tasks first....just to "check" it off my to do list. Boy- I have a little rearranging to do.
I am realizing the more I do this job, that things can wait until the next day, or end of the week.

Sign In to comment