Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The satisfaction of To-Do Lists

I have created to-do lists in my PDA, and that worked well enough. I found that a small spiral bound notebook gave me a greater satisfaction of crossing off the accomplished tasks.
I also keep the book until I use up all the pages. This way I can look back and really feel good about all the things that I got done.

I too have a small notebook that I use to create a "to do" list at work but never thought about incorporating my personal stuff in it as well. For example, I left it at home today and have felt lost without it.

It's natural to feel lost without your "to do" list. It's such a useful tool. Once you get used to using it, it's hard to live without.

In our work e-mailbox we have an area for tasks. I use that all of the time and I can check it as much as I check my e-mail. I check my email A LOT!

Managing tasks digitally is a great organization strategy. What's nice is that your tasks are always available in the digital space, regardless of where you login. So you don't need to carry around a physical list with you as long as you have internet connections.

I am torn between a to do list in a notebook verses a digital to do list. I have tried both. I know that they each work and they are better than nothing.

When my list is digital I can change priorities easily. But I think a physical list is more rewarding because I really like the reward of checking things off.

Is there a way to get both? Hmm, maybe an iApp?

I find that creating a to do list on paper is much more fulfilling than doing it electronically. It is easier and quicker to write things down, than to have to go through the trouble of typing them in. And, it is much easier to check things off the list once completed. I once created a to do list on my PDF and that same list sat on the PDF for two or three years. Epic Fail!

Mobile devices have revolutionized the age of organization. Now, we have no excuse for us to miss appointments, deadlines so on and so forth.

I have also created a to do list in notebooks and it works really well for me. I have an Iphone, but I think its so much easier to actually write everything down and cross it off. Also, I keep my sheet in a place I can see all the time, which keeps reminding me what I need to do...The feeling of accomplishment is what keeps me going!

This is true George. This technology comes with advantages and disadvantages. We are more connected than ever before. Yet, expectations have never been greater that we will be responsive.

I like having my "to do list" because I really feel a sense of accomplishment when I can check things off that I have completed.

Sign In to comment