Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

time management and to do list

on my way to work I drive an hour each way I think about my day and what I plan on accomplishing that day when I get to work I sit at my desk usually with my feet up relaxed and put my list together starting with my list from yesterday If I'm given a new project I always ask for a time frame and I remind of the priority list I already have and where this new project fits in I find good communication is a must for getting things done I also know how to delegate when my list gets to full to handle effectively

Cecil, I like the way that you use your down time in the car to plan out your day. Finding ways to leverage downtime – whether you find it in the car or in other circumstances – is a great way to be more efficient with your time.

I also use my time driving to work or to home at night to go over things I need to do the following day. Driving home is the best time as I can go over what was accomplised that day and areas I need to address the next day. When I arrive home I write down everything that I thought was important and wright a new to do list the next morning. That way I have a plan laid out for the day.

That sounds great Bruce. Some people find it hard to remember everything that they want to write down when they get home from a long drive. Others find trying to remember everything while driving to be distracting. For these people, digital voice recorders can work well.

I work from home now so I no longer have a commute, except walking to my home office! However, I used to have a lengthy commute and a voice recorder worked well for me. In fact, many cell phones have a feature like this where you can leave verbal messages/reminders for yourself.

Sign In to comment