Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Choosing Stressors to Eliminate or Reduce

Unfortunitly life can't be with out  stress,  we just have to deal with stress in a smart way eighter stress at work or home...recently I am joinning  to one of the gyms and they thought me how to breath and how  to stretch after work out..It is really made me like a new person...I am so much relux no matter what kind of stress I get...I am able to deal with things and help me to remember things better then befor.

That is awesome, Trina.  I find that when I make the time to work out, I can think clearer and I am more productive at work despite the stresses.  Stress is actually more manageable when I take the time to take care of me.

There are two types of stresses, eustress (good) and dysstress (bad).  Both can release hormones in the body that can overload the system and cause issues such as organ constriction, shut-down, or malfunction.  This, in combination with pharmaceuticals, can be a recipie for hardship.  Exercise is always a good idea but remember to find at least 10 minutes a day (can even be spread into incriments) to have just to yourself. Turn off the cell phone, computer, and go to an area where you can have your own space/quiet and center. It's called "you time".  As a widow, this concept saved me, but not until after dysstress found a way to release itself on my body.  Now, it's maintainance. I raised 3 children, worked and finished my degrees.  It can be done but it takes dicipline and practice. 

My mantra  as I breath in and out -- I am relaxed.

Studies show that the mental thoughts, negative and positive, set the tone for how your day will be.  If you feel that this is "one of those days" then refuse to allow anything to bring you down. Put on a smile and find a way to make others smile.  The chemicals released in the body will over power whatever started "one of those days". 

So, exercise, "ME time", positive thoughts/actions bring positive things. People are drawn to "positive". 

tha is really an other way to look at it when it comes to dealing with students stress, of course some of of them.

Sign In to comment