Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Motivating Students

I realize how important it is to identify and motivate students based on what motivates them. I also see that being enthusiastic about the field that you are teaching really makes a difference in preparing students fro the career that they have chosen to be in.

Definitely! Motivation plays a big role and enhances the overall learning process. Students learn with much interest if they are motivated to learn about the topic, and then they want to apply it further in their careers from this overall process. Furthermore, instructor's motivation and enthusiasm toward teaching the content is equally important. 

Knowing the reasons and purposes why a studnet takes a course are more compelling than any motivating factor regarding the process. In fact, not only in learning but in things we do, reasons why we intend to do things compells us to find effective methods how to do them better and faster. To be professional and effective in doing things, there is no other place to go but to universites and colleges to seek knowlegde and expand a power to imagine better. The very reasons societies advanced considerably fast, is because they established universities funded by states and promote knowlegde creating education, which are basis of growth and transformation. 

Highly concur. While I have all the experience and plenty of knowledge, it is all for naught if I cannot relate to my students and enthusiasticlay transmit what I want to tell them! This digital, microwave generation has little patience for dull and boring!!!!

Sign In to comment