Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Student motivation

This training was valuable in learning strategies to improve student motivation and confidence in the classroom. Specifically, learning about constructivism to help boost security and relating course material to student career fields to illustrate value in the course and support autonomy.

I agree, getting a student involved in the course material and helping them see how it supports what they know and what they will know can make the student more focused on the learning objectives.

Completely agree, anytime you motivate your students it is important. To be able to show the students how much they already know and what their abilities will be when they complete a class or course and combine that knowledge. Is always a positive factor. Which is what in turn motivates the students during the course and in many cases wanting more. They begin to see and believe in their own abilities and the results are always better. Additionally it makes it far more for the both the instructor and student.

students must be motivated in a college to achieve success

I agree as well. I think it is important to keep your students motivated. I don't think its hard to keep them motivated. As an instructor, you control your classroom and your students will just follow. If you are motivated and engage yourself with your students they will pick up on that as well.

Students must be engaged from day 1 and it's ongoing process. The instructor holds the key to a
successful course.

aaron, can you share some of the methods you have used to motive your students? Do you use the same motivation techniques for all of your students or do you make use of different techniques for different grouping of students? Thanks for anything you can share.

James Jackson

I find that sharing my profession experience in the classroom gives the students a glimpse of what awaits them in the work-world and adds a sense of excitement to the learning process.

Sign In to comment