Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Two Person Teams

I have had the chance to work with 2 person teams they have been great. The students seem to work harder they have no time to slack off. Both students learn at a faster rate.

I like two person teams with some activities.
Having a small team is an advantage because:
It allows the team attitude and the inidvidual input
No one on the team can be a bystander
Each person will hopefully get at least one other perspective on the project.
There can be mor confidence in a team setting
I can go on and on but yes I have found that 2 person teams work great with in depth projects.

Hi Robert,

I am a firm believer in teamwork. I encourage my students to work to together as a team to accomplish their educational goals and hopefully it will carry over into their work environment.

I encourage my students to form study groups and I implement group activities and projects throught out my course. I created a group project progress evaluation form that I have my students fill out to keep me abreast of how they are coming along with their project. I have found this very helpful especially in groups with more than two/three students.

I tell my students :-)
"TEAMWORK Makes the DREAM WORK"

Thank you for sharing

Vernise

In my classroom, my college students sit in pair so it always encourages them to work together in pairs. It also can create talking though.

I have found that using the 2 person team to be very effective. It gives the students a sense of security and also helps them meet the objectives of the assignments.

I use this method for a pair to present to fellow classmates lecture material and answer questions from classmates after a powerpoint presentation. The students love this, are energized and have done research on said topic before they present.

I also encourage small group work, after a lecture I assign activities which I ask the class to work with their table mate.
I also assign a group project and more than 2 in group can get dicey!
The students have to complete a peer review evaluation on their team mates which is tied to the all over grade of the project. BUT the draw back is that peer eval doesn't have the impact on some students because the issues with the group are too far gone. I love your idea of a project progress eval. I will definitely incorporate next term.
Thank you!

I beleive that students prefere to work in teams of two. They must feel that they are a part of every step in the process or problems may arise.

Sign In to comment