Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Security & Autonomy

I enjoyed this session. I did not really understand the difference until this course. The class stressed the significance of security depending on the students beliefs opppose to what the instructor actually thinks. Instructors should be very well prepared before each class session. It shows the students that the lession has been thought out and made easier for them to process the material.

I agree as well. I feel that in order for students to learn better they should feel comfortable in the environment in which thety are learning. I have learned a few new ideas to implement with my students in the future.

Understanding the student and the students environment and relationship with learning, I have found is the key to turning a good student into a great student

Indeed students should feel secure during class. If not it takes the autonomy away from it.Instead, let students know that you are here for them, let them think on their own and assist them when necessary.

After completing this module, I was pleased to see how the curriculum at the institution I teach at enhances security during instruction and activities. As we have lecture and hands on, it is critical to provide a non threatening environment and our institution emphasizes this.

Marsha, well stated. Can you share some of your techniques for "understanding" your students? This is a key concept.

James Jackson

Maria, you bring forward a critical point in that the curriculum can have a significant impact on learning outcomes. Thanks for sharing.

James Jackson

Sign In to comment