Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Motivating yourself as an instructor in a career college

I also do attend most graduation celebrations, art shows, or any other college event where instructors and students communicate outside the classroom environment. It is so rewarding to talk an to observe successful examples (students) and to hear encouraging words from my students. That alone is a great motivator to do my best in every class I teach!

I also use a lot of career advisement in my classes.

Hi Deborah,
I think career advisement is critical in career college courses. Career preparation is why the students enroll in the first place. In addition to learning skills they need to learn about the career. What are some of the components of your career advisement efforts. Thanks.
Gary

I think it's important to remind students that we seem them as people, not just as bodies in a room where we stand to earn our paychecks. To support their endeavors outside our classrooms, I think, really rounds out the support we can offer as educators.

Seeing the student or students have success in the field helps to keep you motivated to do your best with each new class we encounter.

Hi Dave,
You are right about that. Your students' successes in the field are evidence of your abilities as an educator plus you are leaving a legacy for the next generation. Keep up the good work.
Gary

Sign In to comment