Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

How do I motivate myself?

I go to every graduation and watch the students, families, and friends celebrate the students' success.

How do you recharge your batteries?

Hi Fred,
I like you attend all of those functions that I am able. By seeing the faces and families behind each student I get my batteries recharged for the next group of students to come through. It is easy to only see just the student, rather than the support system behind them. Also, it helps me to understand the hurdles that many of these students are overcoming to be able to graduate.
Gary

I think first you need to remind yourself of all the hard work you have completed. Give yourself a pat on the back! When I see a student of mine graduated, I remind myself of the positive influence I have been in their life. It is a reward to know that someone else has succeeded and accomplished a goal, by my mentoring/teaching. What did I do to get those students this far?

buy being on time

One thing that helps me is when a student returns after graduation to say thank you -sometimes on the day of graduation sometimes a few weeks later but often several years after the fact

I get motivated by seeing my students learn

Mauricio,
What have been some of your greatest rewards as an instructor?
Gary

Dr. Gary Meers

Sign In to comment