Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Most successful motivation idea

The one idea that has been most successful for me is have the student write on a 3X5 Card...Why did I select the Blank Program...about half way throught the course...if the student is having a problem I get together with them and show the student their card and ask if something has changed in their desires.

How about yours?

Hi Fred,
I like your use of the 3x5 card idea a lot. It helps to bring the student back to why they enrolled in the course in the first place.
I also use 3x5 cards for feedback throughout the course. When we finish a case study I ask the students through the use of the 3x5 cards what they thought about how the case study was set up and the learning opportunities that the study gave. This feedback helps me to be able to improve the cast study and other assignments.
Around here I am known as the card king since I use so many packets of 3x5 cards. I know for sure that this is a easy and cheap way of keeping my finger on the pulse of the class.
Gary

Fred,

I really like your idea - that is a great way to bring back the focus for the student. It also shows you care enough to have them do this in the first place.

This might not work as well with online learning, however, I might try a similar idea using a survey that they need to complete halfway through the course. It just might be informative enough to find out if they are maintaining or losing focus.

Sandie

Sign In to comment